LOADED AVOCADO TOAST
There is beauty in simplicity. And yumminess. There is yumminess is simplicity. Avocado toast has become a celebrity over the past few years and I LOVE IT. There are 100000 ways to fancy up your avo toast. Here has been my go to loaded avocado toast lately:
For this recipe you will need:
- 1 avocado
- 2 slices of ezekiel bread
- chic peas, 1 can
- avocado oil (or any oil you prefer)
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- lemon zest
- everything but the bagel (Trader Joe’s style)
- Roast chic peas. I’ve been doing this in the beginning of week and storing in an air tight container so I can sprinkle these bad boys on different dishes. If you’re just preparing for this recipe, you may only want to use 1/4 of the can. Rinse and drain chic peas. Drizzle your choice of oil over chic peas. Add spices. I used onion powder, garlic powder, lemon zest, sage, and pepper. You can use any mixture of spices that fits your fancy
- Roast chic peas about 30 minutes in the oven at 350.
- Prepare your toast. Spread the avocado on top.
- Sprinkle everything but the bagel seasoning (if you haven’t tried it… get your booty to TJ’s right now- it’s AMAZING) and your roasted chic peas on top.