HEALTHY ZUCCHINI MUFFINS
I know I know, it sounds weird, but these were so dang good!! I wanted to create a bento box like they do at Starbucks that doesn’t cost an arm and leg. I created my own box with 1 (or 2, depending on the day I was having) zucchini muffin, 1 hard boiled egg, grapes, and a clementine. The muffins take about 30-40 minutes to make but you can have five on-the-go breakfast boxes by the end. Or just a sweet treat to snack on.
I prefer these to be more on the sweet side. If you prefer less sweetness, cut back on the maple syrup and use unsweetened applesauce. Things you may want to add depending on how you like your muffins: chocolate chips, blueberries, nuts.
- 1 1/4 cup zucchini- shredded
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- Preheat oven to 350 and line a cupcake tray with muffin tins. I ordered reusable ones from Amazon that I’m obsessed with.
- Whisk together all dry ingredients and set aside.
- Beat together all wet ingredients.
- Add dry mix to wet mix and beat.
- Fold in shredded zucchini. I use my Ninja blender to get the zucchini shredded.
- Add your muffin mix to the tins and bake for 20 minutes.